Safeguarding Children and Vulnerable Adults
Sprowston Parochial Church Council
The Child Protection and Vulnerable Adult Policy Statement for Sprowston Parish
Members of this church commit themselves to the nurturing, protection and safekeeping of all, especially children, young people and vulnerable adults in their care.
- It is the responsibility of each one of us to prevent the physical, sexual and emotional abuse of children, young people and vulnerable adults and to report any abuse. Discovered or suspected.
- We recognise that our work with children, young people and vulnerable adults is the responsibility of the whole church.
- We undertake to exercise proper care in the selection and appointment of those working with children, young people and vulnerable adults, whether paid or volunteer.
- The church is committed to supporting, resourcing and training those who work with children, young people and vulnerable adults and to providing supervision. It is our aim to encourage these workers to undertake any relevant and necessary training.
- The church is committed to the guidelines and procedures published by the Diocese of Norwich dated 2014 (Safe Haven, the Protection of Children, Young People and Vulnerable Adults), a reference copy of which is kept in the church office.
- Our intention is to ensure that each worker with children, young people and vulnerable adults knows the recommendations of the Church’s policy and undertakes to observe them. Each worker is expected to be familiar with the church’s agreed procedures. Copies of these will be distributed to those who require them for their work either paid or voluntary capacity.
- As part of our commitment to children, young people and vulnerable adults, the church has appointed Claire Akrill to be the Named Person (contact number 01603 482360 / 07761440924). This role will be regularly explained to children. She is responsible for ensuring all church workers have the necessary Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS, formerly CRB) clearance and complete a self-declaration form tri-annually.
- If you have any concerns please contact Claire
- Also, the Bishop’s advisor for safeguarding can be found Here